Mother Nature, I hate you.
Tired of Mother Nature ruining your abs? Is your monthly cycle ruining your diet? Do you feel like all the hard work you've put into the gym, clean eating, and meal prepping have gone to waste? Well, fret no longer. I am here to help you fight those period blues; Ladies, you're not alone.
I took the initiative to record all the unhealthy things I consumed while on my cycle (feel free to share your "shame list" below). *Drum Roll*
- Original M&Ms (2)
- Hershey's Cookies and Creme Bar
- Cookie Butter (the entire jar aka 14.1 oz/2,430 calories)
- Grande Caramel Latte
- Grande Chia Latte extra sweet (5)
- Grande Green Tea Frappuccino
- Ben & Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice Cream (1 container)
- Sour Sphaghetti's
- 5 mini cupcakes
- Hot Cheetos
I've tried to elicit self control, but sometimes (98% of the time) the cravings win. Your cravings stem from the spike of the stress hormone (Cortisol) and the decline of the feel good hormone (Serotonin)
Good news I have a few tips to keep the cravings under control:
- Hema-plex pills. They're great for many reasons when it comes to us women. Iron is an essential mineral and as women we tend to have iron deficiencies. When Mother Nature comes and pays you a visit your iron levels begin to decrease. Hema-plex helps raise iron levels and helps manage depression (low iron levels and depression have been linked). As far as athletic performance is concerned it will allow your muscles to store more oxygen which = less fatigue.Find yourself craving iron rich foods like burgers? This will help. If you tend to have heavier periods and feel fatigued try this supplement out!
- Have a breakfast full of fiber and protein!
- For the sugar cravers of the world like myself opt for the natural sugars like those found in fruits and veggies.
- Fat cravings: Go for the goods fatty acids (Omega 3s) Salmon, Avocado, Flaxseed Oil, and nuts for that salt factor!
- Eat mini but mighty meals.
Try these out the next time Mother Nature gifts you and let me know if they helped! If you have any tips you'd like to share leave them below!